Getting Around the Area
The Reunion hotel has a free shuttle service within five miles of the hotel. Arrange for its use in the lobby or call the hotel at 781-245-9300. The our Points by Sheraton Wakefield Boston Hotel is located at One Audubon Road. Wakefield, Massachusetts, 01880.
Getting Around the Area Using Public Transit
Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA), more commonly known as the T, is one of the oldest public transit systems in the United States. It’s also the largest transit system in Massachusetts. Before setting out to explore Boston's historic sites, become familiar with the following information.
- Rail Map for the greater area, including Wakefield to/from Boston's North Station. We have marked the Wakefield station in bold red text for you. The station is 2.5 miles hiking from the hotel, so do arrange to use their free shuttle.
- Commuter Rail Line Schedules
- Rapid Transit Map, subway and key bus routes for getting around in Boston. We have marked Copley Station in bold red text for visiting the NEHGS.
- New England Historic Genealogical Society, take the train from Wakefield's station to Boston's North Station. Take the Subway Green Line “inbound” to Copley Station. When you exit the station, you will be at the intersection of Boylston and Dartmouth Streets. Make a left on Boylston Street and walk one block to Clarendon Street (Trinity Church will be on your right). Cross Clarendon, then make another left and walk one block to Newbury Street. Cross Newbury; The entrance to NEHGS is at 99 Newbury Street.
- Taxi's and App Ride/Transportation Network Companies (TNCs), such as Uber and Lyft, operate in Boston. Use their apps to hail a ride.
Getting to the Hotel from Home
Driving to the Reunion
The hotel is on Interstate 95 (Yankee Division Highway), Exit 42. Use the Map & Directions web page provided by the Four Points Hotel where you can enter your starting address or airport code to get complete step-by-step driving directions. If relying on your car's GPS, use: 1 Audubon Road in Wakefield, Massachusetts. Scan ahead on your GPS to make sure it isn't taking you through Boston. Once on Interstate 95, stay on I-95 to go around the city center. If you are approaching Boston from Rhode Island on I-95, do not take the exit onto I-93 to Boston (or you will drive through the city to get to the hotel north of the city).
Taking the Train to the Reunion
If you live along the Atlantic seaboard, you might consider taking the train to Boston's South Station. The station is at 700 Atlantic Ave. Arrange a shuttle (such as Go Boston) or grab a taxi or an App Ride/Transportation Network Companiy (TNCs), such as Uber and Lyft.. Its about a 35 minute drive to the hotel, pending traffic conditions. Visit amtrak.com to plan your rail travel.
Flying to the Reunion
You can fly to the Reunion via one of three airports. We are providing some hints about each transportation from each airport. Visit their web sites for airline information and full list of available ground transportation options. Map at right indicates where the airports are located in relation to the hotel.
Boston Logan International (BOS) is located 15 miles south of our Reunion hotel. www.massport.com/logan-airport
- Car rental is available, check the airport's web site for rental companies. Its about a 25 minute drive to the hotel during non-rush hour conditions.
- Shuttle Services from Logan include:
- Peabody Logan Express will take you to their drop-off point on US 1 in Peabody, MA. Logan Express has many routes, so be sure to board the shuttle to Peabody. Call the hotel when you arrive at Logan Express pickup to arrange for their shuttle to pick you up in Peabody.
- Go Boston Shuttle is a shared-ride service that will take you to the hotel from Logan.
- Private limousine, taxi and other service options are available on the airport's web site.
- App Ride/Transportation Network Companies (TNCs) Uber and Lyft now offer pick up and drop off transportation service for customers at Boston Logan.
Manchester-Boston Regional (MHT) in Manchester, New Hampshire is located less than fifty miles north of our hotel. www.flymanchester.com
- Car rental is probably your best choice, check the airport's web site for rental companies. Its about a 45 minute drive to the hotel during non-rush hour conditions.
- Private limousine, taxi and other service options are available on the airport's web site. or use your app for Uber or Lyft to order a ride.
Green International (PVD) in Warwick, Rhode Island is located approximately 75 miles south of our hotel. www.pvdairport.com
- Car rental is probably your best choice, check the airport web site for rental companies and shuttle services. Its about a 90 minute drive to the hotel during non-rush hour conditions.