Poingdestre Family History Tours
South of England – Isle of Jersey – Normandy/Paris
Combining all three tours: England, Jersey, Normandy/Paris
Subject to change
- The England tour begins in Eastbourne on Monday, June 5, 2017
- Schedule your flight from your U.S. point of origin to fly into London Gatwick (LGW) or London Heathrow (LHR)
It may be possible to share ground transportation with others going on this tour.
- Please contact us before you purchase your airline tickets so we can review the itinerary with you.
- LGW is the closest airport to Eastbourne so is your preferred airport.
- If you can’t find a flight that lands at LGW, then use LHR.
- There are generally more flights from the U.S. that land at LHR rather the LGW.
- Frequent and direct airport shuttle buses are available between LHR and LGW.
- One way bus fares are approximately £20 per person, travel time is 45-90 minutes depending on traffic.
- It is recommended that you do not fly into other London or UK airports, as they are a long way from Eastbourne.
On Monday, June 12, the last day of the England tour
- Prior to your departure, Nigel will contact you with suggestions for your ground transportation options from your London airport to Eastbourne.
- Ground transportation to the tour hotel in Eastbourne is on your own and at your own cost.
After you register for the Jersey tour, Jamie and Michele will contact you with the information you will need for your flight from Gatwick to Jersey.
- Nigel, Janet and Ray will help make arrangements for your transportation to London Gatwick (LGW) for your 3:50pm flight to Jersey.
- The cost of this transportation is on your own and at your own cost.
On Monday, June 19, the last day of the Jersey tour
- The flight to Jersey is included in the price of your Jersey tour.
- Everyone going on the tour to Jersey should be on this flight. The flight takes about one hour.
- Jamie and Michele will meet the group when you arrive at Jersey Airport.
- An airport shuttle bus will take the entire group from Jersey Airport to the tour’s hotel.
- Ground transportation to the tour hotel in Jersey is included in your tour price.
On Monday, June 26, the last day of the Normandy/Paris tour
- Rosie, Jamie and Michele will be travelling with you when the hotel shuttle arrives in the morning to take the group going on to Normandy to the Harbour in St. Helier.
- The ferry to St. Malo is scheduled to leave Jersey in the morning and takes about 90 minutes to cross.
- The hotel shuttle in Jersey, the ferry cost, and the taxi to the hotel in St. Malo are all included in the cost of your Jersey tour.
Schedule your flight home to depart from Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG) in the afternoon.
- In the morning, the airport shuttle will arrive at the tour hotel in Paris to take the group to Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG).
Back to Travel Planning