Poingdestre Family History Tours
South of England – Isle of Jersey – Normandy/Paris
Tour Three – Normandy/Paris Only
Subject to change
- The tour begins in St. Malo, Brittany on Monday, June 19, 2017
- Schedule your flight from your U.S. point of origin to fly into either:
(Please contact us before you purchase your airline tickets so we can review the itinerary with you.
- Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG)
- An airport of your choice which best suits your transportation plan to St. Malo
- Ground transportation to the tour hotel in St. Malo is on your own and at your own cost.
- If you choose to fly into CDG
- CDG has its own railway station. No need to leave the airport to catch a train.
- You can take the train to St. Malo from this station.
- Travel time is about five hours, depending on the time of day and route.
- You will have to change trains at least once, depending on the route you select.
- Costs vary. Check web sites or with a travel agent for prices, schedules and ticket information.
- During past travel, Jamie and Michele have taken the TVG (high speed train) from CDG to Rennes, then changed trains in Rennes for the train to St. Malo.
- After arriving in St. Malo, you may want to take a taxi from the station, as it is about two miles to the hotel.
- If you choose to fly to another airport
- If you choose to fly to a location other than Paris CDG, be sure to select a flight that will allow you to arrive at the tour’s hotel in St. Malo by the afternoon of Monday, June 19, 2017.
- Dinard/St. Malo Airport (DNR) is a small regional airport that has direct flights to/from London Stansted (STN) and other locations in the UK.
- Stansted has direct flights from/to Dublin, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, and many other European cities.
- After arriving in St. Malo, you may want to take a taxi from the airport, as it is about eight miles to the hotel.
- Refer to the web site Getting to St. Malo for other transportation options, including ferries from the south of England.
- On Monday, June 26, the last day of the Normandy/Paris tour
- In the morning, the airport shuttle will arrive at the tour hotel in Paris to take the group to Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG).
- Schedule your flight home to depart from Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG) in the afternoon.
Back to Travel Planning