Poingdestre Family History Tours
South of England – Isle of Jersey – Normandy/Paris
Tour Two – Jersey Only
Subject to change
- The tour begins in London’s Gatwick Airport (LGW) on Monday, June 12, 2017
- Schedule your flights from your U.S. point of origin to fly into and out of London Gatwick (LGW).
- Please contact us before you purchase your airline tickets so we can review the itinerary with you.
- The flight to Jersey is scheduled to depart from LGW at 3:50pm so LGW is your preferred airport.
- If you can’t find a flight that lands at LGW, then use London Heathrow (LHR)
- There are generally more flights from the U.S. that land at LHR rather the LGW
- Frequent and direct airport shuttle buses are available between LHR and LGW
- One way bus fares are approximately £20 per person, travel time is 45-90 minutes depending on traffic.
- It is recommended that you do not fly from the U.S. into any other UK airport because you will have to go through customs at the airport where you first land. Clearing customs and then catching a flight to LGW will most likely not allow enough time for you to make your flight to Jersey in the afternoon.
- After you register for this tour, Jamie and Michele will contact you with the information you will need for your flight from Gatwick to Jersey.
- The flight to/from Jersey is included in the price of your tour.
- Everyone going on the tour to Jersey should be on this flight. The flight takes about one hour.
- Jamie and Michele will meet the group when you arrive at Jersey Airport.
- An airport shuttle bus will take the entire group from Jersey Airport to the tour’s hotel.
- Ground transportation to the tour hotel in Jersey is included in your tour price.
- On Monday, June 19, the last day of the tour
- The airport shuttle will arrive at the hotel around 5am to take the homeward bound group to the Jersey Airport.
- The flight back to Gatwick is scheduled to leave Jersey Airport at 7:05am and takes about one hour.
- Schedule your flight home from a London airport to be as late in the day as you can, especially if you have to take a shuttle bus from LGW to LHR or in case there should there be any delay in the Jersey flight’s schedule.
Back to Travel Planning